Dana Seltzer, M.D.
Dr. Seltzer served as the Chief of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery in the orthopedic residency training program at Maricopa Medical Center when he arrived in Phoenix in 1993, and he was named the Chairman and Program Director in 2000. He was the Director of Orthopedic Trauma at St. Joseph's Hospital from 2003-15 and Chandler Regional Medical Center from 2014-15. He served as the Chairman of the Orthopedic Surgery Department at St. Joseph's Hospital from 2004-16. He is a past President of the Arizona Orthopedic Society and the American Fracture Association, and he has served on the Boards of the Southern Orthopedic Association, the Western Orthopedic Association, and the Southwest Orthopedic Trauma Association. He is a founding board member of the Arizona Care Network, an accountable care organization supported by Abrazo, Dignity Health, and Phoenix Children's Hospital, as well as the Chairman of the Performance Evaluation and Improvement Committee. He has delivered more than 100 research presentations at local, regional, national and international meetings. He has written several book chapters and authored numerous scientific articles.
Dr. Seltzer has served as the Medical Director for several professional sports teams, including the Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Rattlers, Phoenix Roadrunners, Phoenix Mustangs, Phoenix Cobras, Arizona Thunder and the Arizona United. He is currently serving as the Market Director of Orthopedic Surgery for Abrazo in the Phoenix market.
- Internship and Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL
- Medical Degree: University of S. California, Los Angeles, CA
Areas of Interest
- Orthopedic trauma and fracture management
- Sports injuries and arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow and knee
- Common and complex shoulder and elbow problems, including shoulder & elbow replacements
- Fracture fixation
- Correction of malunions and nonunions
- Primary and revision shoulder and elbow replacements
- Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Rotator cuff problems
- Acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- Tennis and golfer's elbow
- Shoulder instability
- Elbow contractures
- Meniscal and ligament injuries of the knee
- Trochanteric bursitis and iliotibial band syndrome
- Orthopedic infections
- Diabetic food problems
- General orthopedics